¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups water
1 quart EggNog
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Combine the rice, salt and water in a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add the EggNog and nutmeg and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for about 30 minutes. The rice is done when it becomes thick.
- Do not overcook the pudding or it will be gummy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries.
- Can be served warm or cold topped with Kemps Whipping Cream.